Need Help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a California resident, with an MCAT score of 7-V 10-P 11-B O-W, undergrad gpa of just a bit above 3.0 (science gpa is around the same) from UCLA. 3.6 grad school gpa from Boston University Medical School Master's program. I have lots of great letter's of rec. and lots of volunteer experience.
What are my chances for matriculation at any US allopathic school.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are a traditional applicant and there isn't anything negative standing out in your educational background (such as having a C or F in some class and having had to retake it), then your chances are average.

If you have some academic blemish (no matter how small) and are non traditional (such as a career changer, or older than 33), your chances become much slimmer.

For CA your numbers are very weak, but I am sure you are aware of that. Pick your schools carefully, keeping in mind the above caveat, and you should be able to land a few interviews.

Good luck!

TO UHS2002,

hi, why does non-traditional students of getting acceptance compare to rest of the traditional students?

also, do they weigh master program courses more than post-bac or are they the same??

thanks