Need Help!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureLife007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm in a tough situation. I went to college a few years ago to Cal, but left for personal reasons. I didn't get kicked out or anything, but my grades weren't that grade. Lately i went to a local cc and A's all the preq's and going to a 4 university to finish my BA in psychology. I was wondering how my past college situation would affect my chances. when i apply do i have to report my cal grades or can i leave it out? i really don't know what to do, what are your opinions and advice....thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

what was your "crappy" gpa (the few years at Cal)? i kinda have the same situation, had a crappy year, then took time off, now dominating. i believe you still have to report the old grades, i think it's more of an ethics issue. but if you didn't and the school caught on.....kiss your dental future good bye, and probably any professional or additional schooling goodbye. bye "forgetting" to put those bad years on, you are falsifying your application and far as I know, that's a no no.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think if you have done well in the last years of school and do well on your DAT no one is going to care too much. They might ask you about it during the interview and you will have to have a good explaination for it. Just do well from now on and study hard for the DAT. And in the application they do ask about any personal situations that might have affected your grades...so if you want you can always do that and explain the situation to them in the application. I think the adcom realizes that a lot of people do bad their freshman year due to immaturity, lack of focus etc...what matters is how you have done in the last few years of college. Show then that you are capable of getting good grades now and in the future at dental school

Good luck
Aurora

Members don't see this ad :)
Just get a solid DAT score. You'll be fine. The AADSAS report lists grades by semester with dates included.

I'd also recommend writing an essay about on your application that goes out to all schools explaining why you got bad grades and how you got your life back together etc....

Good luck.

Jessica

I agree with Jessica. Since you left school for a long time and becomes mature after experiencing the real world, the schools would definitely weight more on your recently grades. Just work to get good DAT score. It would be the key to send you in your dream school.