****Need Help****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kdiddy

Kobe-Jack 24
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey whats up guys,

I have a dilemma on my hands and I need some opinions. I am a junior right now and applied to my state school. I didn't get in this year, although I did get an interview. I applied really late - right at the deadline. Here are my scores:

AA 20 TS 20 Bio 19 GC 23 OC 20 RC 20 QR 16 PAT 16

I know I posted my stats already, but my gpa is around a 3.9 right now. The dean of admissions at LSU advised that I should retake the DAT to improve the pat score. The problem is, I'm worried about not matching the scores that I got in the sciences because I won't be home for most of the summer. I am starting to apply to out of state schools soon and don't want to have a decrease in my AA. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

I can't re-apply to my state school until September. Should I just apply with these stats to out of state schools and take the DAT later for my state school?

Personally I believe your DAT scores and GPA are very competative. I think applying as early as possible this cycle will greatly improve your chances. I would apply to a few schools you are interested in just in case you cannot get into your first choice. If i was in your position I deff would not retake the DAT. Good Luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks competitive for most, but I can tell you exactly what I would do. Apply with your current DAT scores and submit them to all the schools you want to apply to. After they have been submitted, retake the DAT but don't check off the 5 schools you want them sent to for free. This way, they won't send the scores out. As long as you are accepted by some school this coming cycle, there are really only 2 outcomes: 1. You perform worse and you have to stick with your first scores but the schools don't know anything about your second set of DAT scores or 2. You perform better, bring up the PAT and pay the extra $$ to send them out to the schools you want.

The pressure isn't so great and you are in no worse shape than you are now if you don't do as well.

Yea that sounds good. So should I just put off the DAT until late summer and send out the scores to out of state schools if I do better?

How did you do on the chalk carving?