Need honest opinion (time sensitive)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dedicated2be

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I posted a few weeks ago regarding my applicant status. With a lot of your overwhelming positivity I went ahead and applied, and am currently doing secondaries. I have already submitted close to 9/10 secondaries, and am planning on sending in more. Based on my stats is it worth sending secondaries to: Rowan NJ, UNECOM, NSU, Ohio Heritage?

Cgpa: 3.64 Sgpa: 3.46 MCAT 25 (8/9/8) Lots of research, clinical and leadership. CA resident.

I am asking because I have already sent secondaries, and am planning on sending more. Money is certainly a consideration, but more important is/are my stats, state residence and the timing right now (Mid/late oct). So please advise? Thank you as always :)

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe Nova, though mcat still a question. I'd save your money with the others due to their state or regional bias.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've applied to basically every other school except for MUSCOM (Michigan) Kentucky Pikeville, Pacific Northwest and maybe one other I'm forgetting. So basically a lot of schools. I'm just wary of going through the effort and money for the 4 that I listed if they are very regional biased and mcat biased. Hence why I'm wondering if worth it at this time? Thanks

So I'm seeing you guys are recommending NSU. How about Rowan and UNECOM? Worth a shot? Thanks

So I'm seeing you guys are recommending NSU. How about Rowan and UNECOM? Worth a shot? Thanks

I was under the impression UNECOM did not have a strong regional bias. Also I think they have only had one group of interviewees so far but it's hard to tell since that forum is very quiet. Still always a good idea to have some convincing reason why you're applying there...

I have plenty of family scattered throughout the east coast, so that is a huge motivation. Based on all your advice I think I'll focus on other schools first and see if I have time/'money left for these 4. Then NSU will be next. For UNECOM do you feel I'm way too low on the mcat? Thanks

I agree with Elevencents, if it's not going to financially cripple you and you're interested just go for it. Better than regretting it later on.