Need info on University of Michigan away

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Negolas24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if anyone has experience with aways at Michigan. Specifically, although the program mentioned that interviews were not guaranteed, did anyone who did an away there get an interview? If so, did you have to wear a suit? I'm just wondering if I have to pack interview attire. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I was wondering if anyone has experience with aways at Michigan. Specifically, although the program mentioned that interviews were not guaranteed, did anyone who did an away there get an interview? If so, did you have to wear a suit? I'm just wondering if I have to pack interview attire. Thanks.
Don't you want an interview? If so, even though it is not guaranteed, why wouldn't you want to be prepared just in case?

I am sure someone, everywhere, has received an interview after an away rotation, even when they are not guaranteed. What does it cost you to pack a suit? I'd bring one no matter what responses you receive regarding people getting CT interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
I sure do want an interview. Just wondering what the protocol was at aways. Do they schedule a specific appoint where I can change out of scrubs or is it more informal during a break in the action. But you're right I'll be prepared. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
You should bring a suit on a surgical away rotation no matter what. You may have to give a talk, go to clinic, interview, meet with the chairman, etc.