need opions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bassa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
during my sculpture class, I did many projects about teeth. I have carved a huge first molar from plaster and casted out full maxillary arch from wax. Is it good a idea to take these projects with me at the interview???

Members don't see this ad.

during my sculpture class, I did many projects about teeth. I have carved a huge first molar from plaster and casted out full maxillary arch from wax. Is it good a idea to take these projects with me at the interview???

I think that would be a terrible idea to bring them with you. The projects are worth mentioning, if you can work them into the conversation, but don't just bring it up out of nowhere.

It would be great if you are applying for a sculpture program. Kind of like expecting a sculpture of a car to help land a design job for Dino.

Members don't see this ad :)
If they're small and can fit your pocket without being conspicuous then bring it and only show it if they ask (well maybe you could ask if they want to see it).

A couple years ago, someone brought a meticulously painted Warhammer 4000 model with them to the interview. Interviewer was impressed.

Other people upload their artwork online and tell the interviewer about the website if they ask.

The projects are worth mentioning, if you can work them into the conversation, but don't just bring it up out of nowhere.

Seriously, no faux pas

Whether you bring it or not, it's not going to make or break your application. I can think of 100X more important things that will determine whether you get in or not.

Thanks for all responds but I want to clear something I have attended two years in dental school in my country and I have studied dental anatomy. I got the chance to bring what I now to the subculture class. I carved a tooth 4 times the size of regular tooth.

i bought pictures of my mission work in Vietnam but before showing them I made sure if they wanted to see it. (I showed it to 4 schools)

results: 1 acceptance so far

ur gonna look like a try-hard.... instead take pictures of it, and if the topic comes up during the interview... show the pictures.

During my Tufts interview, we were in a group setting and the head of admissions was asking us to introduce ourselves and tell something interesting. One girl mentioned that she makes jewelry and the head of admissions asked if she brought some. She had, so he asked her to pass it around the room. He used this as an opportunity to tell us that we should bring examples of manual dexterity (if we can) in order to show that we aren't making anything up.

So I say bring it, and if someone asks to see it then it can only help you.

During my Tufts interview, we were in a group setting and the head of admissions was asking us to introduce ourselves and tell something interesting. One girl mentioned that she makes jewelry and the head of admissions asked if she brought some. She had, so he asked her to pass it around the room. He used this as an opportunity to tell us that we should bring examples of manual dexterity (if we can) in order to show that we aren't making anything up.

So I say bring it, and if someone asks to see it then it can only help you.
Was that this cycle? In November? If so, I was at that interview, too. :)