need opnion on taking practice exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnDoeDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So Im doing the Kaplan practice exams first before I move on to topscore and the DAT achiever. Or do you guys recommend them in a different order? Exam is Aug 28th.

So Im taking the practice exam and I suspended it after doing the science and PAT section because I just got too tired and needed a break. I plan to resume the exam later. Do you guys think its okay to do this? Woud my score still be "valid" Has anyone done this or do you guys just do the whole hting at one sitting all the time.

I plan to do the topscore/dat achiever exams in one sitting in order to build endurance. Your comments are appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

JohnDoeDDS said:
So Im doing the Kaplan practice exams first before I move on to topscore and the DAT achiever. Or do you guys recommend them in a different order? Exam is Aug 28th.

So Im taking the practice exam and I suspended it after doing the science and PAT section because I just got too tired and needed a break. I plan to resume the exam later. Do you guys think its okay to do this? Woud my score still be "valid" Has anyone done this or do you guys just do the whole hting at one sitting all the time.

I plan to do the topscore/dat achiever exams in one sitting in order to build endurance. Your comments are appreciated.

I'm doing the same. Still working on kaplan practice tests. Will probably do topscore the week before my test. I try to work through the entire test in one sitting, but sometimes I do suspend and finish later. Good luck to you!!!

JohnDoeDDS said:

I usually finish the entire test in one sitting. tackling each section individually is a lot simpler than taking the whole test in one sitting. the reason you stop after the PAT section is exactly why i would not stop. after the NS and PAT section, im generally more tired and, thus, my RC may go down bc of this. thats why i complete the whole test in one sitting to force myself to endure the mental stress and to get an acurate assessment of my strenghts and weaknesses. gl.

I didn't use the practice tests to guage and simulate the actual test. I used the practice tests to LEARN!!! I took each sections individually and checked the answers once I finished them. For the RC ...after each PASSAGE, I went and checked my answers. That way, I can see if I need to restrategize to get more answers correct. It's better to have 3x the opportunity to see if you need to restrategize.

btw, on the real dat, I noticed there were 3 different types of passages. One matched with TopScore's methods directly (mostly retrieval questions), while the others were more inference/main idea questions.