Need professional dental advice / diagnosis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebecca143

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to bother or intrude on a what seems to be purely academic and mentor-based forum, but I need help.

I am 29 years old, and I have excruciating throbbing pain from time to time on my front right tooth. It also hurts when I smile, due to the pressure created on my gums, sending a shooting pain through my nerve. It also tingles the gums above my tooth from time to time.

When I was 10, I had an accident which chipped off my tooth half way horizontally. I had to have a permanent cap installed. (Do not know if this is a crown or cap, terminology is blurry to me).

When I was 23 I woke up at night to agonizing pain from this tooth. When I went to the dentist, he tapped on the bottom of the tooth with an instrument and I almost disemboweled him. The pain shot up right through my face practically.

After that incident, it never hurt again. No medication. Nothing. I thought my root had died after that day.

I don't have enough money to go to the dentist, and want to know if there is a form of treating this without having to go, until I get enough money.

Any diagnosis thanks to all of your expertise would be very appreciated. Although the diagnosis wouldn't relieve me of my pain, it will satisfy my curiosity.

Any advice / information is very welcome. Once again, I apologize for writing this here if these forums are not intended for this type of thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You need an implant. Or maybe a root canal. Or maybe a filling. Or maybe scaling & root planing. Or maybe less caffeine. Or maybe a dentist. Take your pick.

ibtl

Go to a dentist. ESPECIALLY if you're in pain. It's your front tooth - don't want to lose that one.

Nobody on here can - or should - tell you what's going on without an xray and an exam.

I don't mean to bother or intrude on a what seems to be purely academic and mentor-based forum, but I need help.

I am 29 years old, and I have excruciating throbbing pain from time to time on my front right tooth. It also hurts when I smile, due to the pressure created on my gums, sending a shooting pain through my nerve. It also tingles the gums above my tooth from time to time.

When I was 10, I had an accident which chipped off my tooth half way horizontally. I had to have a permanent cap installed. (Do not know if this is a crown or cap, terminology is blurry to me).

When I was 23 I woke up at night to agonizing pain from this tooth. When I went to the dentist, he tapped on the bottom of the tooth with an instrument and I almost disemboweled him. The pain shot up right through my face practically.

After that incident, it never hurt again. No medication. Nothing. I thought my root had died after that day.

I don't have enough money to go to the dentist, and want to know if there is a form of treating this without having to go, until I get enough money.

Any diagnosis thanks to all of your expertise would be very appreciated. Although the diagnosis wouldn't relieve me of my pain, it will satisfy my curiosity.

Any advice / information is very welcome. Once again, I apologize for writing this here if these forums are not intended for this type of thread.

Try a free clinic, or a sliding scale clinic.

Status
Not open for further replies.