Need Reapplicant Advice!!!! LORs

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Cafepinay, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Cafepinay

Cafepinay Proud Premed Pinay
    7+ Year Member

Hey All,

Well, I've just finished this horrific process and am gonna reapply as soon as I've bulked up on more experience...I'm gonna need some good advice from those who've done this 2 or 3 times before...

Suppose you reapply, say, 2 or 3 years after the first time...What do you do about Letters of Rec?? Do the med schools trash the ones that they got the first time?? I don't know if I can find the same professors to write me new ones 2-3 years down the line...And I'm not planning to go back to school for another degree as far as I know.

Help!!! What should I do??? :(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pwrpfgrl

pwrpfgrl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi! This is my second time around - I waited one year after my last (might I add, pathetic) attempt.
    Do you have a premed committee at your school? Or at least a letter service? They should hold on to your letters for you. In a few years, you'll have to get a few update letters (like from your boss or grad school advisor, etc.) and add them to the bunch. at my school, the premed committee writes a new letter too. the biggest thing to worry about is the MCAT - most schools only accept scores that are 3 years old. don't wait too long or you'll have to take it again.

:)

4. DarkChild

DarkChild Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

at my school we have to get our recs transferred to the career service center. they open up a file and keep the recs forever and ever...
    look into a dossier service at your schools career center - I'm guess that most would have something like that.
    and the cool thing is that you can just have any new recs addressed to that file and it all gets kept there.
    btw - I know bubbles is pretty played... but I really like her.
    my g/f is all over buttercup though. :rolleyes:
    i guess it fits - SHE HITS HARD!!! :(
    dont even get me started on the umbrella! :D