Need recommendations for an adolescent medicine text!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

princesamariposa

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a PGY-1 and will be doing an outpatient rotation with a preceptor who LOVES her adolescent medicine and expects her interns to feel the same, or so I hear! Unfortunately, I don't feel the same as teens are not my cup of tea, but would like to do some reading, so I am a bit more prepared.

Any recommendations for a good adolescent medicine book?
 
0890420270.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The above should do it😀

I don't think buying a book would be worth it for someone who wasn't interested in the field, but I belive: "Adolescent Health Care: A Practical Guide" by Neinstein is the one our Adolescent doc had us peruse in residency.

While I wouldn't have wanted to do it for a career, I like adolescent. If you have a good attitude about it, it can be fun.