1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

need recommendations on testing material

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Winston Smith, Oct 19, 2002.

1. Winston Smith

Winston Smith i didn't do it
    7+ Year Member

I got my MCAT score back, it's 8V 10PS 9BS (27). I am going to retake in April.

Can you guys please let me know of any good testing material I should buy? I am going to use the Examcrackers Verbal book and will probably finish that in a month or so. What other verbal testing material did you guys use?

I also need science testing material for both the PS and BS test. I actually wanted complete exams so I can take them over the weekend just like it's test day. I took TPR already and I don't know where I can find good practice exams. I plan on purchasing the AAMC tests immediately but am unsure what else is good to get. For the PS and BS test, I didn't get to complete a full passage on both so I think I can increase my score by increasing my pace. My problem in studying, I think, was that I reviewed the material too much and didn't test myself enough. This time I plan on putting more time into testing.

For those of you who bought other testing materials (to test yourself, I don't mean review books), please please let me know what's out there and what's good. I really appreciate it. Thanks guys.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. vm26

vm26 Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    if you need practice tests, I would take a prep-course, not only do they have a bunch of tests but they also provide the environment which simulates the real thing. I was lucky to take kaplan at the same bulding that I eventually took the aug mcat so it was almost like just another practice test. I remember that while taking kaplans diagnostic and a few of the first practice tests that I was actually nervous which gives you a realistic feel. Plus being a room with 30+ other test takers and a proctor also is important. The downside is the cost, but if it makes the difference than its worth it

I would also recommed a book-Nova's The MCAT Physics Book by garrett biehle, I bought it at Barnes/noble for $30, you can order directly from the company 1800 949 6175, they also have a bio and chem book which I didnt use

4. loserman

loserman Membership Revoked
    Removed

I took Kaplan and they weren't to great, I got all the berkley review material and I think it was way too hard compared to the real thing. But I found princeton/hyperlearning to be the most comprehensive and realistic. Princeton helped me raise my score by 6 points, well I did do over 30 full length practice exams and that helped alot.

5. Doctortobee

Doctortobee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I have Nova's Physics book for sale on the "For Sale & Advertisement" forum.