Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. So here is my situation
I am texas resident hoping to apply to a MD program)
I have a 3.7 cGPA (with a similar science gpa of 3.7). I have done about a year of shadowing and I have about a year of research experience. I am also going on a trip this august to Panama to aid the unfortuanate over there. I also am volunteering currently in a volunteer clinic. I sent my TMDSAS out on July 1st and am working on the secondaries. The reason I have not done the secondaries yet is because of my MCAT which is where my problem lies.
I took one in April 2012 and I got a 26:
PS:8
V:10
BS:8
Over the summer I went through Berkeley review for Physical sciences and did Exam crackers for Biological sciences and Verbal. I am signed up for my second try this Friday the 27th. However, I feel very iffy about this exam BUT I DONT KNOW WHY?
I did ALL of my AAMC's except the BS and PS of one AAMC the last time I took my MCAT (I wasn't scoring well). I have 5 Berkeley exams, but those don't seem very...good. I've been using the PS section of the 5 Berkeley exams to gauge my knowledge in PS and I got 10's on the 2 I have already done. I decided to do my last AAMC yesterday (the BS and PS that I hadn't done) and I got a 10 on those as well. However, I don't know about verbal yet. Still, I keep recalling in my head concepts and I keep having to look them up. I feel fairly confident, but I still don't see myself at a 30 level yet.
The logical thing to do would be to void the exam, but at the same time, I don't know what else I can do? I've done countless practice exams, countless passages, and I still am not seeing an improvement. Maybe I am ready, but I just don't have the confidence.
Either way, I was just hoping for some advise on whether to take this thing. Though this will sound odd, I feel prepared and unprepared at the same time. I hope to retake an AAMC tomorrow with the hope that I forgot the answers. Aside from that, I know no way to gauge my performance before the real thing.
I am texas resident hoping to apply to a MD program)
I have a 3.7 cGPA (with a similar science gpa of 3.7). I have done about a year of shadowing and I have about a year of research experience. I am also going on a trip this august to Panama to aid the unfortuanate over there. I also am volunteering currently in a volunteer clinic. I sent my TMDSAS out on July 1st and am working on the secondaries. The reason I have not done the secondaries yet is because of my MCAT which is where my problem lies.
I took one in April 2012 and I got a 26:
PS:8
V:10
BS:8
Over the summer I went through Berkeley review for Physical sciences and did Exam crackers for Biological sciences and Verbal. I am signed up for my second try this Friday the 27th. However, I feel very iffy about this exam BUT I DONT KNOW WHY?
I did ALL of my AAMC's except the BS and PS of one AAMC the last time I took my MCAT (I wasn't scoring well). I have 5 Berkeley exams, but those don't seem very...good. I've been using the PS section of the 5 Berkeley exams to gauge my knowledge in PS and I got 10's on the 2 I have already done. I decided to do my last AAMC yesterday (the BS and PS that I hadn't done) and I got a 10 on those as well. However, I don't know about verbal yet. Still, I keep recalling in my head concepts and I keep having to look them up. I feel fairly confident, but I still don't see myself at a 30 level yet.
The logical thing to do would be to void the exam, but at the same time, I don't know what else I can do? I've done countless practice exams, countless passages, and I still am not seeing an improvement. Maybe I am ready, but I just don't have the confidence.
Either way, I was just hoping for some advise on whether to take this thing. Though this will sound odd, I feel prepared and unprepared at the same time. I hope to retake an AAMC tomorrow with the hope that I forgot the answers. Aside from that, I know no way to gauge my performance before the real thing.