SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Need Some Advice for Dropping Summer Courses

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by rxy2005, Jun 5, 2008.

  1. rxy2005

    rxy2005 2+ Year Member

    Oct 25, 2007
    Here's my situation
    Cincinnati - Accepted
    Charleston - Accepted
    WVU - Alternate List

    I am taking Calculus 1 right now, which I thought I needed for both Charleston and Cincinnati. But, apparently they counted another one of my math classes for that requirement. I am also taking another course in order to qualify for financial aid. Now, I'm trying to decide whether to drop both classes and go back to my hometown and work in a pharmacy. I want to make sure that dropping both courses and getting W's in them is alright. For instance...if WVU has an opening for me sometime, will they look at my two W's and reevaluate me as an applicant. Anybody been through this before? Thanks in advance.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. IrishRxMan

    IrishRxMan 2+ Year Member

    May 1, 2008
    It depends on if WVU was your first choice. If you don't really care which school you attend, I'd look at all the costs associated with the two schools you were accepted to and which one you felt the most comfortable with. Unless you are still trying to get into WVU I would drop the classes before the 100% refund date and work. You will want a little stash of cash to handle anything that comes up throughout the year. Plus, if you don't need the classes, why take out the financial aid or pay for them? You have to decide on whether to wait for WVU or go with one of the schools that you are already accepted to.
  4. RxWildcat

    RxWildcat Julius Randle BEASTMODE! Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

    Mar 25, 2008
    I'd make 1000000% sure that they counted another class as the pre-req and you do not need the calc course. If they person who told you that had any doubt whatsoever I would still take the calc just to be sure. I don't think the W's would be that big of a deal, the main thing would be making sure you have everything squared away for the fall.
  5. rxy2005

    rxy2005 2+ Year Member

    Oct 25, 2007
    OK. I have confirmed with Charleston and WVU that the W's wouldn't effect my status whatsoever. And yes to the first reply I do really want to go to WVU.

Share This Page