Need some Advice, Hopefully someone can help.

CallMeElk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a Quick Question, il make it short and sweet.

i plan and want to be a Surgeon. My Highschool marks are bad

If i take all Collage courses in HS (Instead of University) will i still be able to go to Uni?

If not, Should i go back a Year and take Gr.11 Uni's so i can take the 12's? or is it a waste of time?

Members don't see this ad.

No one cares about your grades in high school, BUT you will have to report every college class you've ever taken on your med school application.

So if you take college courses in high school, you'd better make sure you do well on them because they will be factored into your GPA later on.

It sounds like English might not be your first language though? Are you in the US?

No one cares about your grades in high school, BUT you will have to report every college class you've ever taken on your med school application.

So if you take college courses in high school, you'd better make sure you do well on them because they will be factored into your GPA later on.

It sounds like English might not be your first language though? Are you in the US?
Yes english is my first language im not sure what set you off,

But when i speak be half of Collage courses in Canada. In highschool there are "Collage" and "University" courses. Collage is the lower level, where university is the higher,
If i take all collages, Can i still get into a University, with medical Classes. which will get me into med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes english is my first language im not sure what set you off,

But when i speak be half of Collage courses in Canada. In highschool there are "Collage" and "University" courses. Collage is the lower level, where university is the higher,
If i take all collages, Can i still get into a University, with medical Classes. which will get me into med school.

As said before, high school grades are meaningless to medical school. So trying to make the connection between the two is somewhat pointless.

That said, you taking the less rigorous Collage courses in high school may not provide you access to the more competitive universities which at the end of the day, may give you an advantage in the medical school admissions process in canadia.

Always challenge yourself, take the university courses if you can. Again, this is not a "so you can get into medical school" because it's too far off. This is a "push yourself harder so that you're more well prepared in university level courses".

Good luck.

You could get a 2.0 in HS, and 1000 SAT..
Does not matter;
At least in America.. Of course you'd have to ask yourself, why you did bad in H.S?
If it was due to struggling academically I doubt you could do well in college. If it was due to laziness, well give it a go and good luck.

Also I am not sure what you mean by going back for Gr.11 or anything else..