SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Need some advice if i should apply to jefferson, GW, Rochestor or not.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by J.Pearlman, Aug 31, 2002.

1. J.Pearlman

J.Pearlman Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Hi all, I am applying to so many schools, I am thinking of cutting the list down. I have to decide between either jefferson, GW, Rochestor. My reason for choosing those three :

Jefferson has way to too many applicants and connections for me to have a chance, plus its very known too.

GW looks at all MCAT scores ( I did real bad on my first MCAT, so that mite screw me up there).

Rochestor as you know is simply tough (even though I am a ny resident, my 28 and 3.4 is probably not good enuf). Can anyone help me out deciding which ones I should cancel out, if any. Thanks a lot.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. bruinkid

bruinkid Senior Member 10+ Year Member

May 31, 2002
    Los Angeles, California
    actually,
    gw takes into consideration your highest score. by the way, it will work to your favor if you've improved on the mcat.

4. Doctora Foxy

Doctora Foxy Meow 7+ Year Member

Jan 28, 2002
    I was interviewed at GW with a 9,9,9 and waitlisted, and I was rejected pre-interview from jeff and rochester....

Jeff and roch are top 50 and GW is "lower-tier," so if you're looking for the easiest acceptance of the 3, GW is prolly your best bet stats-wise....although still real hard to get into because there are SO many applicants to that school.

please no flames, just stating the facts here :D

5. basha

basha Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Aug 19, 2001
    listen to foxy, she's right on point. Hey foxy, how are you hot and smart at the same time....sounds a little unfair.