Need some advice on my current situation!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm_K1015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! So I just got an acceptance letter from a pharmacy school (let’s call it school A). The letter states that I need to pay my deposit by Nov 29th or I can ask to be waitlisted if I don’t want to make a decision yet.
So school A is actually my second choice and I’m awaiting an interview for my #1 choice (let’s call it school B); the interview is towards the end of Jan 2019. I also have another interview in Jan (school C).
I am totally stressed out and unsure if I should just pay my $500 deposit for school A just so I can reserve a spot or I should await interviews for school B or C. My biggest fear is that I’m going to end up being waitlisted for all schools. Please help!
Also, can someone explain to me how waitlist works? Is it based on priority or is it randomized? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! So I just got an acceptance letter from a pharmacy school (let’s call it school A). The letter states that I need to pay my deposit by Nov 29th or I can ask to be waitlisted if I don’t want to make a decision yet.
So school A is actually my second choice and I’m awaiting an interview for my #1 choice (let’s call it school B); the interview is towards the end of Jan 2019. I also have another interview in Jan (school C).
I am totally stressed out and unsure if I should just pay my $500 deposit for school A just so I can reserve a spot or I should await interviews for school B or C. My biggest fear is that I’m going to end up being waitlisted for all schools. Please help!
Also, can someone explain to me how waitlist works? Is it based on priority or is it randomized? Thank you
Pay the deposit. Being on the waitlist means they consider people on the list and rank them. So the people at the top get considered first when someone drops their spot. And this is mostly done after everyone uas been interviewed. So i would say pay the deposit. Are u really sure about a spot in the other schools. You might go for the interview and not like it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You should pay the deposit. You already have a seat there and you never know what might happen in the future. You might not get into School B!

Congrats on your acceptance!

LOL at worrying about $500 when you will need to take 150k - 200k in loans.

LOL at worrying about $500 when you will need to take 150k - 200k in loans.
Well if you’re genuine enough and politely ask for an extension, you get it. So guess who has extra $500 and got accepted to their #1 choice? Me! Thank you, next

Well if you’re genuine enough and politely ask for an extension, you get it. So guess who has extra $500 and got accepted to their #1 choice? Me! Thank you, next
Congrats!

One in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Run away from both and pick a different major