NEED SOME ADVICE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RizKhan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys
ive written a few posts here already and it seems that this is a pretty intellectual and friendly community so i thought id ask some sincere adivce from u fellow futre docs
here are my stats
3.62 gpa 3.5 science
25 mcat ist time
29 mcat second 10 v 10 b 9p
some volunteer experience...nothing elaborate
decent letters of rec

i applied last year and got 2 interviews ....at UF and NYMC

this year i am appyling to both allopathic and osteopathic schools

the advice i adk from u folks is that im limited in funds and want to know which allopathic achools i shouold apply too

all responses will be GREATLY appreciated
and if i get in.....Ill send that person 1000 Italian liras :)

Members don't see this ad.

It seems to me you should be able to figure this out yourself. Get ahold of a copy of MSAR (Medical School Admission Requirements -- at your conseling center, library, or order from AAMC) and figure out which schools with average stats close to yours you like the sound of. Or just go on-line to us News and World Reports for the stats if you don't care about the philosophy and curriculums of the schools. I'd concentrate on the ones that have the highest admit percentages. And by the way, do you have a pre-med advisor to consult with, as Gower recommended? They really do know who gets admitted to where from their schools with what kind of stats.