1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Need some help applying to american schools.

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Invalid, May 15, 2008.

1. Invalid

2+ Year Member

Anyhow, my application to Canadian schools this year crash and burned. I ended up with only one waitlist (U of T). So naturally, I am preparing for the worst. I decided that it would be prudent for me to apply to American schools for 2009.

So, I was wondering which schools consider Canadians as OOS. I don't want to apply to a school where I would have no chance.

Here are my stats:

GPA: 3.87 (Canadian, I'm not sure what it is in the US)
    MCAT: 15/9/13/P

If you guys could give me some schools where I would have a chance that would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. human instinct

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Wow...those are good stats. Hopefully you can get in through the uoft waitlist. You may already know this but there is a list of US medical schools that regulary accept Canadian applicants on the premed 101 forums:

Heres the link: www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19065

Apart from this, I would suggest that you get a copy of the msar and have a look at no. of oos applicants who got interviewed and how many got accepted for the different universities. I think that your stats are strong for the US application.

Good luck!

4. PistolPete

Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician