Need Some Help with My Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saint Richie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been spending a bunch of time thinking on what to write about as well as many drafts. I have my older sister giving me some tips and things like that, but I've never been one to write about myself. Essays, okay, but personal statements? Not a fan of - feel like I'm being so smug and narcissistic.

Anyway, I'm brand new here, and I figured I'd give it a go. If anyone is interested in reading it, I'll PM you. I do want to hear criticisms, though, as I'm not a fan of it myself and I figure there are some flaws in it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

There is no specific formula on how to write a personal statement. If there is a formula, then it would not be personal.

A good way to start off is start brainstorming right now. What gave you that initial spark in dentistry? What helped you continue that motivation? How was your shadowing experiences? Can you recall an event that is meaningful to you? Any volunteer experiences that helped you grow as a person?

Good luck! If you need any help in brainstorming, you can PM me. I won't be able to take a look at it until next week though.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)