• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

D

DDS 1

Hi!
Please I would like to know what "mulling" means in dentistry. I will have Part 2 exam soon, in March. This is the only dent. term that I have no idea what it means.
Thanks and good luck to all!

botulism

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Hi!
Please I would like to know what "mulling" means in dentistry. I will have Part 2 exam soon, in March. This is the only dent. term that I have no idea what it means.
Thanks and good luck to all!

mulling is the final kneading or mixing of amalgam after it has been triturated and excess mercury is expelled; usually performed manually.

D

DDS 1

Thanks for "mulling"! I knew it but in my native language. :D
I am studying after all released exams and books from my school of dentistry in Europe. Very good books, almost up-to-date with American curriculum!!!
Good luck to all!!! :luck:

About the Ads

mrsraghava

10+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2006
live in hagerstown,MD
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
HI,
mulling is the procedure which u do after squeezing out the mercury from an amalgam ...hmm i mean after mixing the powder and mercury in motar u will squeeze out the excess mercury rt and then u will just rub the mercury in the clot with ur thumb and index finger that is called mulling .hope u can understand with my explanation.i could help in my way of explanation.all the best for ur exam.GOODLUCK:thumbup:

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.