Need Some Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnMathews

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my MCAT scores are lower than what I hoped for... I got 24Q and my GPA is only 3.2 :S
So basically, do I even have a chance at getting into a DO program?
And if not, what are the minimum GPA and MCAT scores needed to get into any DO program?
And one more question, as one of the requirements it says you have to submit a LOR from a DO...does it really have to be from a DO or can it be from a MD also?
I live in Canada, and it is very difficult to find a DO that i can find and shadow.

Members don't see this ad.

So my MCAT scores are lower than what I hoped for... I got 24Q and my GPA is only 3.2 :S
So basically, do I even have a chance at getting into a DO program?
And if not, what are the minimum GPA and MCAT scores needed to get into any DO program?
And one more question, as one of the requirements it says you have to submit a LOR from a DO...does it really have to be from a DO or can it be from a MD also?
I live in Canada, and it is very difficult to find a DO that i can find and shadow.

What is the score distribution? I think you may have a chance, you just need to apply now and broadly. What is your state of residence? I think your gpa is okay but it's just your mcat score. Are you planning to retake it?
Some schools require a DO letter of recommendation and some schools will take a MD letter. Make sure you read their requirements.