Need Some Important Advice

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by the moose, Jun 21, 2001.

1. the moose

the moose Member

I am going to be a Junior next year in college. My GPA is around 2.9 and I havent taken any of my chemistry courses, and I still have one semester of bio and physics left. I was just wondering if I still have a chance of getting into Med school....

Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tbachi

tbachi Member

you better get mostly A's and some B's in those classes if you want to get in to med school. Some colleges will consider your improvement as a key factor even though your overall GPA will be lower. good luck.

4. DrMunns2Be

DrMunns2Be Junior Member

I say GO FOR IT! If it is what you want to do with your life, then you need to pursue it. I encourage you to work your butt off in those last classes you need for the med school requirements, and I would say start thinking about the mcat. Keep your GPA on the rise, get some experience in the medical field...and you stand a good chance. Have faith, afterall the only one to hold you back from anything is yourself...Good Luck! :)

5. pete.

pete. Member

moose,

absolutely, yes! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise - including over the top "I only love my A sutdents - counselors". You've created some work for yourself, but if you can show a strong trend your last 2 years and then hit a strong MCAT - I'd say you stand a good chance. However, nothing is ever guaranteed.

Good luck