need some information pls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

bleach

Hi everybody...

I am pretty informed about advanced standing programs, actually have applied and also been to interviews....got accepted .....the loan was denied.....so I got a deferral....etc....kinda sad :( :( :( very sad??

this loan issue still stands as the being the huge challenge in front me...so far I am without any solution....time is passing..I know my chances are slim....to engage in co-signer stuff....and my signature is a useless one

My request from you guys is, about AEGD and GPR....I had inquired about them at my very early stage ,in my search about programs and application and that time I found out they dont grant licence and only US graduates are accepted...that doing GPR makes it easy to get into a speciality....

now...as I am kinda getting hopeless about AS, I am re-looking into GPR and AEGD ...Which school accept foreign dentinsts into those programs...also they say the programs do not require tuition--unlike AS--, and stipend is paid......and the dentist is allowed to work in 12 states only....I would greatly appreciate any imformation about these issues....

thanks a lot

I

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Bleach, welcome back! I remember you from my early times at SDN (I don't think I posted back then). Back then you were kind enough to share your story with us (only a handful back then, now there are many of us). I wondered whatever happend to the old members back then. :)

Sorry to hear about your loan situation, hopefully you'll find a solution before that deferrement expires.

About GPR and AEGDs we've had a couple good threads discussing that recently. I think (I'm not sure) I posted the links to them on the sticky thread "Links of interest....", under a post named "Must read threads". Other than that you could do a search about them. They're quite useful.

I guess if you need anything else about that you should bump those threads. It'll be easier to get repplied to.

bye, good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks a lot meggs, I have already checked the links...thanks once again..It seems I am not the only one having questions in mind about them.Actually I was like ---okey I know AS is the only one , allowing me to get in the residency I want, so go for it--- almost 2 years ago. But if I could see today , I would be searching that " few" schoos or hospitals that accept us...anyways....u know what, u r right , my eyes caught the corner, where it shows the last visit time of the board.It was october 2003 :oops:

back then things were pretty fast for me , finally I ended up returning my country ....with all kinds of AS memories ....that is the tough part to deal with...

But thank god I am the type pf person who would want ppl to have what I would to like have, therefore I pray for the DIS class of Tufts , they are supposed registar tomorrow. April 20, 2004 has been "the date" in my mind for like 6 months when I was there....I wish they find their challenges turn into easeness, and they adapt easily to Boston.

bleach said:
...Actually I was like ---okey I know AS is the only one , allowing me to get in the residency I want, so go for it--- almost 2 years ago. But if I could see today , I would be searching that " few" schoos or hospitals that accept us.....

I think about that often, specially when I see those numbers. :(