Need some major advice with Physics?

Started by LUBDUBB
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LUBDUBB

Freakaholic
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently taking Physics I at Penn, Professor is awesome, he makes physics sooo easy. However, his exams are very very difficult; Best case scenario, I get a B or B- , which brings my overall GPA from a 3.5 to a 3.47. Worse, my sci gpa drops from a 3.45 to a 3.40 (I've already graduated and Physics I and II are my last classes).

Should I take the W in this class (it would be my only W), and retake the class at another school, say Temple, where it might be easier or should I just suffer the casualties (perhaps a C+).

If I do drop this class, I can't apply to med school next summer, I would have to delay the process by one year, which can't be all that bad considering I have no clinicals.

I know it may sound ridiculous stressing over a B-/C+; as my advisor once told me, "If the difference between an A or a B in this class i going to keep you from getting in to med school, then you're other grades are probably not high enough"
After a 2.6gpa freshman year, I pulled it up to a 3.5 by graduation, thats why I'm stressing 🙂

I would appreciate some advice??

Thank You,

Lubdubb
 
I would go ahead and finish. Sounds like you must have had a huge upward trend in your grades to pull up a year of 2.6. It will be okay, and you don't want to give up a whole year for one grade. I have a couple C's and I'm still getting interviews with a 3.4 (granted in engineering, but still.) You also have that maturity/out of school thing going for you too. I am also in the same boat and the adcoms love it.