Need some serious advice; calc now or later?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

completelyinept

Reaction score
Long story short I nearly failed high school. All I retained was some basic Algebra skills.

So far I have done okay in Uni and have a 3.7 GPA entering my Junior year. I have had some mental health issues and preconceived anxiety towards math, this led me to abuse online classes and cheat my butt off in my pre-calc and other rudimentary math courses. This has caught up with me in the worst way possible outside of getting caught as I can't necessarily cheat in calc. Pure math is the only subject I have ever cheated in as for some reason I have done very well in courses like Gen Chem.

I have spent the past couple of months teaching myself trig to prepare for calc this next semester and to my surprise I was able to actually learn it despite some hindrances. I thought I would be prepared with my minor algebra skills and a lot of trig and when I opened my calc book I was completely lost. There is a lot of algebra I need to know.

While studying trig I was also almost literally devouring an ochem textbook because for some reason chem clicks with me. I am able to take almost any random test from an ochem 1 or 2 course and make an A on it.

I won't have that much time to prepare for calc like I did trig because I will be working full time as a CNA this next month and a half.

TLDR; Now my actual question is do I take ochem 1, bio 2 and calc 1 this semester like I had planned originally and then Ochem 2, bio 1, physics 1 and calc 2 next semester?
Or do I put off calc 1 and take ochem 1, Bio 1 and 2 this semester while teaching myself calc and then take ochem 2, calc 1 and Phys 1 next semester giving myself more time with math so maybe I can get an understanding of it? This means I'll be taking calc 2 and Phys 2 over the summer or next fall.

I am lost and any advice is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.