Need some serious advice; calc now or later?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

completelyinept

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Long story short I nearly failed high school. All I retained was some basic Algebra skills.

So far I have done okay in Uni and have a 3.7 GPA entering my Junior year. I have had some mental health issues and preconceived anxiety towards math, this led me to abuse online classes and cheat my butt off in my pre-calc and other rudimentary math courses. This has caught up with me in the worst way possible outside of getting caught as I can't necessarily cheat in calc. Pure math is the only subject I have ever cheated in as for some reason I have done very well in courses like Gen Chem.

I have spent the past couple of months teaching myself trig to prepare for calc this next semester and to my surprise I was able to actually learn it despite some hindrances. I thought I would be prepared with my minor algebra skills and a lot of trig and when I opened my calc book I was completely lost. There is a lot of algebra I need to know.

While studying trig I was also almost literally devouring an ochem textbook because for some reason chem clicks with me. I am able to take almost any random test from an ochem 1 or 2 course and make an A on it.

I won't have that much time to prepare for calc like I did trig because I will be working full time as a CNA this next month and a half.

TLDR; Now my actual question is do I take ochem 1, bio 2 and calc 1 this semester like I had planned originally and then Ochem 2, bio 1, physics 1 and calc 2 next semester?
Or do I put off calc 1 and take ochem 1, Bio 1 and 2 this semester while teaching myself calc and then take ochem 2, calc 1 and Phys 1 next semester giving myself more time with math so maybe I can get an understanding of it? This means I'll be taking calc 2 and Phys 2 over the summer or next fall.

I am lost and any advice is appreciated.