confettiflyer

Did you just say something?
10+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
Best Coast
Status
Pharmacist
So....I need to get brought up to speed and functional in pediatric pharmacy. What's the most efficient way to get tuned up in like, 2 weeks?

or....

If you were to design a two week crash course in peds, what would you incorporate?

msweph

5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2013
Status
Pharmacist
I work in peds- its not something you learn in school... I started as a nee grad and have just slowly been learning more and more. What do you need to learn peds for?

OP
confettiflyer

confettiflyer

Did you just say something?
10+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
Best Coast
Status
Pharmacist
I work in peds- its not something you learn in school... I started as a nee grad and have just slowly been learning more and more. What do you need to learn peds for?
I'm in transition to help cover an extended leave of absence...okay, then I do have hope. I never had any peds experience as a student or resident (except basic labor & delivery orders for the mums), I just had this impression of like a core package of knowledge that I'm blind to. Guess I'll just review the BCPS material and take it slow my first few weeks.

StellargalS

lollipop! POP!
5+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2013
Beach side Southern California
Status
Pharmacist
I was schooled with DiPiro but I always preferred Koda-Kimble due to the "applied" spin on the EBM. I keep a copy on my coffee table for light reading ( dork awareness :shy:). You might be well served to peruse the peds section of the most recent book although it is now quite heavy in DiPiroishness. I lucked out and found a recent ed for 20 bucks on Alibris and it gives access code to on line version. Shipping was quick. Welcome to PM prn if you have any ideas/interest:idea:. Good luck unicorn. :happy: