Quick question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.


Full Member
15+ Year Member
May 24, 2007
Reaction score
For MPJE federal law, if significant loss of controls who must we notify? I see multiple sources say DEA and the police but according the DEA pharmacist manual police is not required to be notified. I don't know if I am reading the law correctly since English is not my first language. Here is what it said in the pharmacist manual

"A pharmacy must notify in writing the local DEA Diversion Field Office (Appendix K) within one business day of discovery of a theft or significant loss of a controlled substance. 21 CFR 1301.76(b). Although not specifically required by federal law or regulations, the registrant should also notify local law enforcement and state regulatory agencies. "

Members don't see this ad.