need your advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vraj

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,
I am taking mcat next, I have 3.6 gpa, I have tutored orgoI&II and cell biology at my university and I also have done research, plus lots of field
acitivites. My mcat scores are not that good, I main goal to DO school.
What is your comment on my situation?

Members don't see this ad.

What's your MCAT score?

:confused: Yea, I am not really clear about the OP's post.

OP: Did you or did you not take the MCAT yet? Also, are "field activities" clinical experience? We need more information before we can answer your question. If you didn't take the MCAT yet, then it is really hard to answer your question since a lot will depend on your score. Good luck!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
wow for a second i thought i clicked into the pre-allo:rolleyes:
what is happening with the freindliness and maturity on our forum lately:eek: :confused:

to the OP: it is hard to tell without your MCAT score...but even with it we are still not adcoms to assess your chances for getting into med school. The one and only (unfortunately) way to find out is to apply.
:luck:

I want being unfriendly, just honest. Some people confuse the two

Sorry about not stating clearly, okay: my mcat averages about 22 and 23
and I am taking the actual on may 16.

GPA 3.6
tutored courses: organic I and II and Cell biology
Research in Biochemistry
Volunteered at hospitals
Assistant in lab set up at my university
cum laude, Dean's list honors
my mcat scores are not good, but I just to go in DO.(preferred CCOM)

Do I have good stats?
thanks for your comments, appreciated.

okay: my mcat averages about 22 and 23

Well, OP, everything looks okay in terms of your GPA and your EC's. What I am concerned about is your practice MCAT scores. They are on the low side of the average for a matriculant, especially for a school like CCOM. I'd actually recommend not taking the actual MCAT in May and taking the time to average higher on your practice MCAT before pulling the trigger. In fact, try to get your practice MCAT to average at least around 28. This will provide you with the greatest options and chances for when you apply. Find out your MCAT pathology and solve the issue. Since you are on the lower side, it's quite possible to see large improvements with intelligent and directed effort. Do what you have to do.

Good luck.