need your advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waitingwaiting

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I feel like I'm in a desperate situation and I need some advice. This is my first year applying and I'm not having much luck. I interviewed at both of my state schools but no word just yet. My GPA is decent. I have a 3.5 total and my last few semesters it's a 3.7 w/ A's in Biochem and some upper level/hard bio classes. I've been working in a research lab throughout the application process so I do havea little research experience. My MCAT's I think, are my downfall: 9's accross the board. My EC's and LOR are unique/good too.... Right now I'm working full time in the research lab and taking a graduate level Genetics course. Here are my questions for you all:

1. I should probably re-take the August MCAT and try to break a 30, right?

2. Will it look bad if I get a "P" in this graduate level genetics course rather than a "HP?"

If you have any other advice, I would appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, I finally met someone with my exact MCAT score! (9 x 3). If I don't get in this year I will definitely retake the mcats in august and shoot for 10s, and I recommend you do the same. :)

Which state schools are you talking about? You may have a good shot still, but it depends on the school.

I don't know how to answer your second question, sorry.

Best of luck!

Foxy