1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

need your advice

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by waitingwaiting, Mar 31, 2002.

1. waitingwaiting

7+ Year Member

Hey guys,

I feel like I'm in a desperate situation and I need some advice. This is my first year applying and I'm not having much luck. I interviewed at both of my state schools but no word just yet. My GPA is decent. I have a 3.5 total and my last few semesters it's a 3.7 w/ A's in Biochem and some upper level/hard bio classes. I've been working in a research lab throughout the application process so I do havea little research experience. My MCAT's I think, are my downfall: 9's accross the board. My EC's and LOR are unique/good too.... Right now I'm working full time in the research lab and taking a graduate level Genetics course. Here are my questions for you all:

1. I should probably re-take the August MCAT and try to break a 30, right?

2. Will it look bad if I get a "P" in this graduate level genetics course rather than a "HP?"

If you have any other advice, I would appreciate it!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Wow, I finally met someone with my exact MCAT score! (9 x 3). If I don't get in this year I will definitely retake the mcats in august and shoot for 10s, and I recommend you do the same. :)

Which state schools are you talking about? You may have a good shot still, but it depends on the school.

I don't know how to answer your second question, sorry.

Best of luck!

Foxy

4. waitingwaiting

7+ Year Member