misspiggy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2002
Visit site
Status
Hi guys, I just found out my August MCAT: 10VB, 10BS and 8PS. The last time I tood the MCAT I did get a 10 in PS so I don't know if they will consider that at all. My GPA is a 3.5 and I have strong ECs and good recs. What do you guys think? Thanks!

tBw

totally deluded
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2001
infront of an iMac
Visit site
Status
different schools treat it differently. Some just take the most recent MCAT score, some take the best from each section. They will more than likely consider that you scored higher in PS before, however, it does in part depend if the last MCAT was just 1 year ago or 5.

good luck :)

Blitzkrieg

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2002
none
Status
I think that most med schools take the latest MCAT. a 28 is a decent score, and will work for most med schools if you have other solid areas. Good luck!

About the Ads

dpark74

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2002
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
I think that most med schools take the latest MCAT. a 28 is a decent score, and will work for most med schools if you have other solid areas. Good luck!
I completely agree with Blitz. If two MCATs were taken, then they look at both to see a trend...obviously, it is best to improve in all sections.

tBw

totally deluded
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2001
infront of an iMac
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by the boy wonder
different schools treat it differently. Some just take the most recent MCAT score, some take the best from each section. They will more than likely consider that you scored higher in PS before, however, it does in part depend if the last MCAT was just 1 year ago or 5.

good luck :)
for the record, I completely agree with myself ;)

About the Ads