1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Need your help/advice: MCAT Rescheduling Fee

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Jorski, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Jorski

Jorski Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi all,

So I have a predicament, which the braintrust here at SDN might be able to help me out with.

I registered to take the April MCAT on Dec. 27th. Got in on the day I wanted, but not exactly at the site I wanted. I started studying and realized that maybe a change in studying methods was a good thing, and decided that I needed to change my test date to a later date (May 16th); I did so, and got into a closer site (1 hour drive vs. 3 hour drive) on the new day. I had to pay the $50 rescheduling fee (which was fine with me).

So fast forward to about a week and half ago when I get an email and phone call from Thomson Prometric telling me my test center was closed for the rest of the year, and I would need to reschedule. Not good; I ended up getting the same day, but its 5 hours from school (3 from home), so its looking like Im going to have to stay the night before. What has got me peeved is I had to pay the $50 rescheduling fee again. I email AAMC, and they said I should give them a call and implied that they would refund the money back to me. The problem is, when I call 202-828-0600 like they told me too, I listen to the friendly machine lady and I cant get to anyone. They offer an option for an AMCAS rep, but thats not what I need.

So, anyone know of a number to get to an MCAT rep that can help me, or should I just get used to the man putting me down?

2. GT2

GT2
    2+ Year Member

hit 0 with the computer lady voice and jsut talk to that amcas rep. I thought hey would be a mcat option but talk to that person and tehy will likely transfer you.

3. OP
    OP
    Jorski

Jorski Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Sweet. They helped me out.

Now I feel slightly ******ed :).

4. GT2

GT2
    2+ Year Member