• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar

pastor's wife

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2005
Status
Pre-Dental
Upenn
UMD ($10,000 scholarship)
UMDNJ ($5000 scholarship)
Loma Linda
UCLA

i might (~80%) want to specialize, and i am currently residing in NJ.
after my graduation, i want to be excellent in what i do, but fellow dentists to work with! As a mother, i want to only work part time!

thanks so much!!!!

HermeytheElf

10+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2005
Hollywood Upstairs Dental College
Status
Pre-Dental
Take whatever is cheapest (im guessing its maryland with that nice scholarship...congrats by the way on getting 2 sholarships...very impressive). If you are only going to be working part time, you definitely don't want the burden of having to pay off a huge amount of loans incurred from going to a pricey school like UPenn. Cheaper school means less loans and less pressure to produce lots of income. You will have more control over your schedule and can spend a little extra time with the kiddes now and then if you want instead of killing yourself trying to pay back loans.

TeethVader

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 24, 2005
Status
Dental Student
Gosh, very hard. Since you want not to be too much in debt, I would also chose Maryland. Personally, I would go tu UPenn just because its such an amazing school but hey! It's up to you. Best of luck to you.

About the Ads

skyhawk

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2005
Status
Penn is a good school, Yes, however you are a state resident of NJ with a $5000 Scholarship. I would personally let that make your decision. No matter where yougo if you work hard, and study right you will make a great dentist!

clp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2005
Chevy Chase, MD
Status
being instate + 5000 bucks sounds good to me...not to mention jersey has an excellent dental school

About the Ads