1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

need your help!! where would you go?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by pastor's wife, Dec 9, 2005.

1. pastor's wife

pastor's wife Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Upenn
    UMD ($10,000 scholarship)
    UMDNJ ($5000 scholarship)
    Loma Linda
    UCLA

i might (~80%) want to specialize, and i am currently residing in NJ.
    after my graduation, i want to be excellent in what i do, but fellow dentists to work with! As a mother, i want to only work part time!

thanks so much!!!!

2. HermeytheElf

HermeytheElf Guest

Pre-Dental
    Take whatever is cheapest (im guessing its maryland with that nice scholarship...congrats by the way on getting 2 sholarships...very impressive). If you are only going to be working part time, you definitely don't want the burden of having to pay off a huge amount of loans incurred from going to a pricey school like UPenn. Cheaper school means less loans and less pressure to produce lots of income. You will have more control over your schedule and can spend a little extra time with the kiddes now and then if you want instead of killing yourself trying to pay back loans.

3. TeethVader

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Gosh, very hard. Since you want not to be too much in debt, I would also chose Maryland. Personally, I would go tu UPenn just because its such an amazing school but hey! It's up to you. Best of luck to you.

4. skyhawk

5+ Year Member

Penn is a good school, Yes, however you are a state resident of NJ with a $5000 Scholarship. I would personally let that make your decision. No matter where yougo if you work hard, and study right you will make a great dentist!

5. clp

clp Member
    5+ Year Member

being instate + 5000 bucks sounds good to me...not to mention jersey has an excellent dental school