need your help!! where would you go?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pastor's wife

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Upenn
UMD ($10,000 scholarship)
UMDNJ ($5000 scholarship)
Loma Linda
UCLA

i might (~80%) want to specialize, and i am currently residing in NJ.
after my graduation, i want to be excellent in what i do, but fellow dentists to work with! As a mother, i want to only work part time!

thanks so much!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Take whatever is cheapest (im guessing its maryland with that nice scholarship...congrats by the way on getting 2 sholarships...very impressive). If you are only going to be working part time, you definitely don't want the burden of having to pay off a huge amount of loans incurred from going to a pricey school like UPenn. Cheaper school means less loans and less pressure to produce lots of income. You will have more control over your schedule and can spend a little extra time with the kiddes now and then if you want instead of killing yourself trying to pay back loans.

Gosh, very hard. Since you want not to be too much in debt, I would also chose Maryland. Personally, I would go tu UPenn just because its such an amazing school but hey! It's up to you. Best of luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Penn is a good school, Yes, however you are a state resident of NJ with a $5000 Scholarship. I would personally let that make your decision. No matter where yougo if you work hard, and study right you will make a great dentist!

being instate + 5000 bucks sounds good to me...not to mention jersey has an excellent dental school