1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

need your help!! where would you go?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by pastor's wife, Dec 9, 2005.

1. pastor's wife

pastor's wife Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Upenn
    UMD ($10,000 scholarship)
    UMDNJ ($5000 scholarship)
    Loma Linda
    UCLA

i might (~80%) want to specialize, and i am currently residing in NJ.
    after my graduation, i want to be excellent in what i do, but fellow dentists to work with! As a mother, i want to only work part time!

thanks so much!!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. HermeytheElf

HermeytheElf Guest

Pre-Dental
    Take whatever is cheapest (im guessing its maryland with that nice scholarship...congrats by the way on getting 2 sholarships...very impressive). If you are only going to be working part time, you definitely don't want the burden of having to pay off a huge amount of loans incurred from going to a pricey school like UPenn. Cheaper school means less loans and less pressure to produce lots of income. You will have more control over your schedule and can spend a little extra time with the kiddes now and then if you want instead of killing yourself trying to pay back loans.

4. TeethVader

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Gosh, very hard. Since you want not to be too much in debt, I would also chose Maryland. Personally, I would go tu UPenn just because its such an amazing school but hey! It's up to you. Best of luck to you.

5. skyhawk

5+ Year Member

Penn is a good school, Yes, however you are a state resident of NJ with a $5000 Scholarship. I would personally let that make your decision. No matter where yougo if you work hard, and study right you will make a great dentist!

6. clp

clp Member
    5+ Year Member

being instate + 5000 bucks sounds good to me...not to mention jersey has an excellent dental school