Need your suggestion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kendal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post here. I have a Bachelor degree from my country and Canadian university gave me 30 credits for it, so I have to complete 90 credits instead of 120 in order to graduate. I have a few courses that I didn't get desired grades, for example, Theatre course was my elective and the prof didn't like the idea that I have done some modeling and acting in the past. She actually said to me that she thinks that real actors are only in theatre and not in movies. I should drop this course, but I liked the content of the course and I didn't expect the low grade for my acting.
I went to the adviser and he said to me to take more than 90 credits and only last 90 credits will count for GPA if I don't want to retake the Theatre class and other courses that I didn't get good grades.
My question is if I will not replace the grades for these classes by retaking them and instead I will take more classes in order to eliminate bad grades for counting GPA (as adviser suggested for Canadian university), when I will apply to US Medical School will they count all the grades for GPA or as Canadian school only last 90 credits?
It is very important to me, because I would rather take 10 Math courses instead of this Theatre course. I really don't want to retake it, because these types of courses are very subjective and I will depend once again on the prof's subjective opinion about my performance. The other courses I could retake, but I would rather take something else if possible. Please, let me know what do you think I should do.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.