Needing Encouragement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CG37387n

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I really am flubbing up this semester, well for one of my classes. I got a 44 on my second Accounting test, and literally had an Anxiety attack, and was laying on the bathroom floor for about 5 minutes, because I couldn't believe my eyes. I got a 90 on the first test.

I feel like my grade is not salvageable at all, and I talked to my teacher about it. It doesn't help that I was under extreme pressures before the test with being in the hospital and everything.

I have an A in Economics, and an A- in Statistics, I am thinking of using Grade-Replacement to my advantage, do you think if I start improving in the spring, I will have a chance, especially showing an upwards trend? This is seriously stressing me out..

I've now recently discovered I want to be a doctor, and I now it isn't a excuse that I should start turning my grades around.. but I want to work my ass off because I want it so bad.. So if anyone can give me positive vibes and encouragement, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You can still do very well when applying to DO schools. Grade replacement saved me! I replaced a couple of less-than-stellar grades and showed an upward grade trend. In my opinion, DO schools are more interested in you as a person than your one-dimensional GPA and MCAT score. However, you need to at least maintain a >3.3 science GPA to be truly competitive. Keep your cumulative GPA above 3.0, and you should be fine.

With your strong desire to be a physician, nothing should be able to stop you, especially if you work really hard, as you intend to do. Don't let one class (accounting) make you think you won't make it. Humbling as it may be, grades aren't everything. I think I got into school based on my EC's, not my grades.

Reactions: 1 user
Sall good, everybody flubs a test here and there. Some courses thats just how it naturally goes. I had a biochem class where I got an A on the first test, an F on the second test, and two more A's on the third and final exam. Still ended up with an A-. But even if you flub a whole course and get a C or something. You will still most likely be ok. As Isha has brought up, I think as long as you keep your gpa above a certain point and dont have TOO many of those flubs, you are fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a C in Finance and B's in Accounting and I've still gotten interviews this semester. No grade replacements, and it was never mentioned in any interviews. Whether I get accepted is yet to be seen, but all isn't lost. Keep your chin up and do your best. One test, or even one class, isn't the end of the world.

I bombed Organic Chem and I am in a top rate DO school.

Try not to let grades stress you out so much. It isn't the end of the world. Enjoy your college life, being neurotic this early will take years off your life and you'll look back and regret being so high strung during what is supposed to be a fun part of your life.

think long term (easier said than done)...if it is what you want just keep working. Everything is still on the table; go get what you want.

Take a deep breath and don't worry, everything is going to be ok. +pissed+