Negotiating financial aid?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CheeesyBoi

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Extremely blessed to be in a position to have received a full tuition scholarship to a school I would love to attend. Additionally, I am awaiting a decision on a school that offers full COA. Should I be accepted to this full COA school, would it be wise to negotiate with the school I'd rather attend to see if I can get a full COA scholarship? I don't want to seem ungrateful that I was awarded a full tuition scholarship, but it would also be incredible to get out of school with 0 debt from rent/food/transport/etc.

I don't want to count my chicks before they hatch, but I would like to start thinking about these things earlier than later. If yes, when is the time to start asking about these things?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad