Neighborhood ranking of major medical centers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdnetrocks

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that a lot of the top hospitals in the US are located in crappy neighborhoods. I thought I'd start a thread to discuss specifics.

I'll start with UCLA - it looks like it's on the NW corner of LA and right off the 405. What is that immediate neighborhood like? Do most people there live nearby or drive in? etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I know that a lot of the top hospitals in the US are located in crappy neighborhoods. I thought I'd start a thread to discuss specifics.

I'll start with UCLA - it looks like it's on the NW corner of LA and right off the 405. What is that immediate neighborhood like? Do most people there live nearby or drive in? etc.

UCLA (not Harbor-UCLA) is located in Westwood, which is a very nice area of Los Angeles. Couple block square radius of nice college town-ish type stores and restaurants, The Village runs lots of movie premieres where all the movie stars show up to preen, undergrad/grad UCLA campus just steps away, etc. Can be expensive to live there, but some residents do -- easy enough to roll out of bed and walk a few blocks to the hospital.

-AT.