Neoucom?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hoberto

Squirrel Girl
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody heard anything since sending their secondary in??

Members don't see this ad.

hoberto said:

No one? Did anyone else finish the secondary?

Finished the secondary like a week ago. I emailed them to check on my status but no word yet. So I guess we just play the waiting game for awhile.

Members don't see this ad :)
hoberto said:

Nothing... And my check cleared a couple of weeks ago.

cyclist05 said:
Nothing... And my check cleared a couple of weeks ago.

Me too! I'm so glad it isn't just me.

Bump.

Maybe I should call and ask what's up over there?

Do they screen pre-secondary?

Yeah, I've heard nothing from them either and I sent my secondary in a couple months ago. Who knows?

I remember calling a long time ago and they said they DID screen pre-secondary. That could mean alot of things though. No word yet though and I sent that thing in awhile ago.

Hey, I got an email that my secondary is complete yesterday....so at least we now know that they are looking the apps now.

They must screen pre-secondary, because I just got rejected this past weekend before they even sent me a secondary. I am out of state though. Good luck to y'all! :)

Aww, sorry annamarie, at least you know what's going on, though. Waiting with no word it just the pits.

Members don't see this ad :)
hoberto said:
bumpity-bump

I got an invite to interview two days ago. I'm not sure if I want to go yet. Anyone want to trade? :D

They will take people into the summer as they figure out how many of the bs/md ppl they are gonna take........hey everyone I live really close to NEOUCOM and I've been there a zillion times, so if anyone has any questions, PM me :)

Yeah, closeness makes me really interested. Was the invite via email or snail??

Also, does anyone have any idea how they feel about non-trads. I was thinking that maybe since they have so many young people they be anti old people.

In other news, I was recently told by a couple of docs that NEOUCOM students tend to be the worst when it comes to interacting with patients.

Not picking on you but these type of things are completely subjective, but a possible reason could be the abundance of BS/MD people who don't have a great deal of real world experience at interacting with varied individuals.

hoberto said:
Also, does anyone have any idea how they feel about non-trads. I was thinking that maybe since they have so many young people they be anti old people.

Actually, they seem to like non-trads. The addition of non-trads via direct entry adds a little diversity to their largely young BS/MD group. They welcome the perspectives that we older folks can provide through our interactions with the younger classmates. I was accepted last year and when I attended a dinner they had in April, there were several non-trads in the direct entry group.

I don't think I heard much out of NEOUCOM until December, interviewed in January. As stated before, it has a lot to do with them trying to figure out how many of their BS/MD people are actually going to matriculate as Med1's in any given year.

They only matriculate ~30-40 direct entry in any given year. I have no idea how many they interview/accept to get that number.

Good luck! NEOUCOM has made some positive changes in the past couple of years and their staff and students were pretty friendly.

December bump.

So, how was the interview Shibby? Did you go?
Any news?

Has anyone else heard anything?

hoberto said:
December bump.

So, how was the interview Shibby? Did you go?
Any news?

Has anyone else heard anything?
They interview once a month I believe. I really enjoyed the interview setting and people the Adcom met earlier this week they interview about 90-100 to get 25-30.. I am a nontrad and they seem to like that. I really liked the place. I will answer direct questions via pm if you want hoberto.

I got a letter pre-sec from them that they will review my file in feb...damn.

I'm oos so they do screen for that I guess.

Hi All,
I'm an August MCATer, in-state, I interviewed last Monday and received my acceptance VIA phone yesterday. I was notified of the interview by email about 2 weeks before. Everyone was very friendly! My decision is still up in the air ! (still waiting for post-interview from a few other places)
Good Luck!

DoctorMoLLY said:
Hi All,
I'm an August MCATer, in-state, I interviewed last Monday and received my acceptance VIA phone yesterday. I was notified of the interview by email about 2 weeks before. Everyone was very friendly! My decision is still up in the air ! (still waiting for post-interview from a few other places)
Good Luck!
Dr Molly what did you think of NEOUCOM?

March Bump.

I am on the waitlist and just wondering if anyone else has had any news for this cycle. We were told they don't rank the list until next month and that they won't know how many spots they will have for direct entry students until late March.

Anyway, I'd like to hear what any of you have to say...

i heard not a word post-sec from neoucom. but good luck to all waiting, man do waitlists suck huh :)

I just got an e-mail invite for an interview literally Thursday (March 30th). That is the first I heard from them!

BlondieMD said:
I just got an e-mail invite for an interview literally Thursday (March 30th). That is the first I heard from them!

I was informed interview is for alternate status only-so I declined. I hope that helps someone else out there still waiting! Good luck...

BlondieMD said:
I was informed interview is for alternate status only-so I declined. I hope that helps someone else out there still waiting! Good luck...

That's the only option for direct entry students. You interview for an alternate spot, which they rank, then they see how many students are matriculating from their BA/MD program. They inform those on the alternate list about available spots. Historically, I believe that they've accepted 30-40% off of the alternate list--so pretty good odds.

bee3 said:
That's the only option for direct entry students. You interview for an alternate spot, which they rank, then they see how many students are matriculating from their BA/MD program. They inform those on the alternate list about available spots. Historically, I believe that they've accepted 30-40% off of the alternate list--so pretty good odds.

Bee,
I interviewed in December as a direct entry and was accepted immediately- no alternate stuff. So I think it's safe to say interviewing for an alternate spot is NOT the only option for direct entry. It's probably the only option this time of year because they're full with direct entries and waiting for those BS/MD numbers to come in.

DoctorMoLLY said:
Bee,
I interviewed in December as a direct entry and was accepted immediately- no alternate stuff. So I think it's safe to say interviewing for an alternate spot is NOT the only option for direct entry. It's probably the only option this time of year because they're full with direct entries and waiting for those BS/MD numbers to come in.
well technically it kind of is an alternate spot, they call ppl the same day that they know they have room for, otherwise they see how many current 6 yr students decide to drop out and then give out more spots. at least thats what the dean told me.

They called me yesterday. Im in off the list.
Going to FL for school instead.

miam042 said:
Anyone have any idea when and/or how you can
find out your rank on the alternate list?

They just sent out letters with your rank on this list. I got mine Saturday.
I am ranked high. No word on when they start pulling from the list.

We were told that all direct entry interviews are from the waitlist, too. Like what bee3 said. Really irks me when you hear different things from the same school.

2.gif

We need more Ohioans on this board, dagnabit!

Anyone heard anything about the Wright State wait list?

I had a very similar experience as Dr molly, I hope it works out for you