Neoucop & pcat scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chase0610

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on the "waiting list" at NEOUCOP and was told that, upon acceptable PCAT scores, that my application would be reviewed. However, my new score was a 45, they require a 50. Has anyone else out there been accepted there with lower scores? I've taken the test 3 times now, and I can't seem to get above 45, regardless of how much I study. The chemistry killed me, along with the quantitative ability. I was just wondering if anyone out there got accepted, to any school for that matter, with a lower score than the school wanted? Also, advice would be great because I'm really disappointed and I don't know what I'm going to do now. Any advice out there?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on the "waiting list" at NEOUCOP and was told that, upon acceptable PCAT scores, that my application would be reviewed. However, my new score was a 45, they require a 50. Has anyone else out there been accepted there with lower scores? I've taken the test 3 times now, and I can't seem to get above 45, regardless of how much I study. The chemistry killed me, along with the quantitative ability. I was just wondering if anyone out there got accepted, to any school for that matter, with a lower score than the school wanted? Also, advice would be great because I'm really disappointed and I don't know what I'm going to do now. Any advice out there?

Someone has to say this: if you can't crack 45 on the PCAT, maybe the Pharm.D. is not the program for you, especially if the chemistry is the part that's holding you back. I'm not saying for sure either way, but it's something to think about.

Alternately, you could apply to non-PCAT schools (all of California, for instance).

Last edited:
I have good grades otherwise, the PCAT is just a struggle for me, and I honestly can't even tell you why. Does anyone think that it's possible to get into a school without meeting their PCAT requirement, especially by only 5 points?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have good grades otherwise, the PCAT is just a struggle for me, and I honestly can't even tell you why. Does anyone think that it's possible to get into a school without meeting their PCAT requirement, especially by only 5 points?

I would call their admissions dept directly and ask ... You are prob not the only one who struggles with standardized tests!

In all honesty, no. Who knows they might make an exception for you, but most likely if you don't meet their minimum requirements for acceptance, then you wont be accepted.

Even still, would you want an applicant who made the MINIMUM qualifications on a standardized test? Grades are largely subjective based on what school you went to, the PCAT allows for schools to get an idea of what you know and compare it to others. Therefore, I wouldn't imagine a school waiving it. Just as a side note as another person suggested, you might want to consider other professions if you cannot meet the minimum pcat score for an unaccredited pharmacy school.

I doubt it very highly, like the other repliers.

Have you thought about moving to California and seeking admission into our of our many schools that do not accept nor require the PCAT? If your grades are sterling then you have a very good shot at Pharmacy school here. Add some ECs and some work experience, season to taste, and you are on your way.

You'll have to contend with out-of-state tuition only at state schools.

I am also on the waitlist for NEOUCOP. When I had contacted them, they told me that they have already established a rank for the alternate list but would not disclose how many people were on it. At interview they told me that they pulled off all but 5 applicants on the waiting list last year. If this year's application's cycle is similar, and if they accept your pcat, you might still have a chance.

So they require a 50 and you scored a 45--You're not getting in, where is the confusion coming from?

They were pretty clear with you and I think the key here rests in what you were told. "Upon acceptable PCAT scores"--yours, according to their standards, are not acceptable; therefore, they will not review your application.

I see this all the time on this site: people wondering if they still have a chance even though their scores and grades are below minimum requirements. These aren't recommendations, these are REQUIREMENTS. Your odds of admission are 0% if you don't meet requirements, it's as simple as that. If you think they're going to make an exception for you when they have thousands of other applicants, all who have met the requirements, competing for 100 seats, then you're living in a fantasy land.