NERB Exam - Class 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nightmoves

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!

For the NERB exam, I found a tooth that I think is ideal for NERB exam, for a class 2 composite.
It is a distal lesion on #20.

The lesion on the distal aspect of #20 reaches the DEJ.
However, there is also a lesion on the mesial aspect of #20, but this lesion does not reach the DEJ - it only goes half way from enamel to DEJ.

I have a fear that I will be required to treat both lesions.
My plan is to treat only the distal lesion and do a slot (or box) prep and fill, with no bevel.

My questions are the following:
1) is there a chance that I will have to fill both the distal and mesial lesions?
2) if so, how will I know? Will they tell me that I need to fill both the distal or mesial?
3) if I did have to fill it, would I be able to do a mesial and a distal slot (box) restoration (avoiding the need for an MOD composite)?
4) Would you guys recommend that I preemptively do a mesial box (slot) restoration on #20, prior to the exam, thus to avoid any question during the real exam?

Thanks a lot