NERB written exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tingteenfone

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys,
I have been trying to figure out how long the written portion of the NERB exam will last, i cannot find this information at all. If anybody already taken it, please let me know! THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

I agree, they do a really poor job giving you enough information to prepare for this exam.
I just took it Weds - you get 7 hours, with two 15 min breaks. I finished the first section with a half hour to spare and the last section with about a hour to spare. The middle section I finished just about on time. There were a few more questions in each section than is listed in the manual. I think the manual says 100, 80, 100 where the actual test was 105-ish, 84-ish, and 115. I'm not sure if the extra questions are "experimental questions" (doubt it considering the quality of the exam, see below) or just thrown in there to make each question worth fewer points. I would review a lot of oral path, radiology, perio, and dentures. There are a few other threads here that go a little more specific topic wise, so I'll leave you to find those on your own. Be prepared for poor grammar, spelling mistakes, bad answer choices, and poor quality clinical pictures and radiology. In most cases you can narrow down the answers to only one or two possibilities based on the other answers/question, sometimes you just had to guess. It's a really disappointing test in terms of professional presentation, but I really wasn't expecting NERB to be anything more than a money grabbing old school organization. Honestly, it would be embarrassing to show this exam to other health professions and tell them that this is part of what is between us and being able to practice in most of the country. I guess I'll get my grade in January - I don't care what I get as long as I don't have to shell out another 990$ to take this exam again. /End Rant.

Oh, and Good luck! : o )

does anyone know how long it takes to get the results back?
took it today, it was pretty difficult.
to prepare for it, do a lot of Oral Path, Prosth, Perio and a bit of ortho from the decks and you should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know how long it takes to get the results back?
took it today, it was pretty difficult.
to prepare for it, do a lot of Oral Path, Prosth, Perio and a bit of ortho from the decks and you should be fine.

hey you just missed the release of scores. They ususally release the scores on the frist full week of the next month that you take it. I took mine dec 30 and got teh resuults yesterday being the full week because of new years. So youll probabky get it the first week oir early second week in feb. Good luck.

hi! took the written already. will take remaining sections in April at Howard Univ. Any advice on where to find patients and good dental assistant?

I was wondering if your NERB results were emailed or snail-mailed? I feel like i have been waiting FOREVER!!!
Congrats on being done :)

got my DSE (NERB written) result, got a 74, failed.
Didnt use any specific materials, just took it along with Part 2
does anybody have any materials or old exams? I know there are old exams that a lot of people use them to study but I am not able to find them, can anyone please help?
Very desperate to get help, thank you!!!