Jane2005

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2005
Status (Visible)
What do you guys think about the Netter Collection of color illustrations? It's a 13 book set. I think the latest edition is the 1994. Most libraries have older editions. I'm looking into getting my own set. Is it worth it?

Hayden2102

Down Under
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2006
Tasmania, Australia
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
What on earth makes you think you need a 13-book set of it? Do you ever plan on actually reading that sort of volume?

About the Ads

Agent Splat

Viruses? Don't Exist.
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2004
The only major American city to have elected 3 Soc
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
i bought two sets. one to use and one to keep in its original foil packaging to retain its value as a collectors' item.

but seriously. you only want the Atlas of Anatomy. other useful ones for various classes include the devo one and the neuro one, but check those out at the library.

indo

Feed me a stray cat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
www.mcw.edu
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
i bought two sets. one to use and one to keep in its original foil packaging to retain its value as a collectors' item.

but seriously. you only want the Atlas of Anatomy. other useful ones for various classes include the devo one and the neuro one, but check those out at the library.

by "devo" he means developmental embryogy not Devo the band.

0946719497.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

samenewme

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2002
Wisconsin
Status (Visible)
by "devo" he means developmental embryogy not Devo the band.

Although I desperately wanted to buy some yellow disposable coveralls and show up with a few friends at the Devo finals with the coveralls and sunglasses.

C

Critical Mass

I got a copy of the Netter CD during gross anatomy. It was all that I really needed.

indo

Feed me a stray cat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
www.mcw.edu
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Ooooooh, I think the "med students of genius" videos have taken a back seat!

DrMidlife

has an opinion
10+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I think the Netter collection would be a lovely thing to own, in the same way that a fully restored 1957 Porsche 356 Speedster (navy blue with cream top) would be lovely to own. Neither serves a purpose beyond being a deeply enjoyable thing of beauty.

indo

Feed me a stray cat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
www.mcw.edu
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I think the Netter collection would be a lovely thing to own, in the same way that a fully restored 1957 Porsche 356 Speedster (navy blue with cream top) would be lovely to own. Neither serves a purpose beyond being a deeply enjoyable thing of beauty.

Well, I'll take the Porsche and get the Netter E-collection on CD.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.