neuro help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wmc24

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know neuro is big on step 1 especially the neuroanatomy and all the pharm associated. all my questions in the qbanks seem to focus on this. my question is, how much depth do the neuro physiology questions get into? should i be concerned with all the tracts and where there nuclei project to? im pretty much just not sure what to do with neuro except the path and neuroanatomy associated with it. help me out please, thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

I know everyone gets a diff test but I was told to know where all the nerves enter/exit cold. Be able to pick it out on a diagram. Thats all i know sorry...

Hmmm, I'd say at least know what's in FA. That's a start.

Members don't see this ad :)
obviously to know whats in FA is a good start, but i just mean as it pertains to the actual test. i know all the tumors, cranial nerves stuff (function, where they enter and exit), effects of the lesions, neurotransmitters and all the clinical type stuff. im just wondering to what depth i have to know the tracts and all that besides the major ones. ive read first aid and im about to complete hy neuro and goljans neuro path. any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated

obviously to know whats in FA is a good start, but i just mean as it pertains to the actual test. i know all the tumors, cranial nerves stuff (function, where they enter and exit), effects of the lesions, neurotransmitters and all the clinical type stuff. im just wondering to what depth i have to know the tracts and all that besides the major ones. ive read first aid and im about to complete hy neuro and goljans neuro path. any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated

From what I've heard HY Neuro is more than sufficient. I highly doubt you have to know all the steps for each of the main pathways. I would stick to knowing where the decussations are and the main nuclei.