Neuro Internship List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NPchi

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of preparing an initial list of internship sites that I might apply to this fall. I've spent a lot of time making searches in the APPIC database, but am finding it somewhat difficult to navigate - I was hoping that someone might be willing to share a centralized list of neuro internships that meet Houston guidelines. My focus is in adult neuro and I'm particularly interested in AMCs (less so in private practice or VAs).

Any other tips for narrowing down a list of places to apply would be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd think more about clinical experiences that you will get (e.g., epilepsy, memory disorders, wada, TBI, etc) than a particular setting. Although that setting will give you something of an idea of what working in that setting will look like in the future. I'd be thinking of where you can go to best set yourself up for teh kind of postdoc you want.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd think more about clinical experiences that you will get (e.g., epilepsy, memory disorders, wada, TBI, etc) than a particular setting. Although that setting will give you something of an idea of what working in that setting will look like in the future. I'd be thinking of where you can go to best set yourself up for teh kind of postdoc you want.
This is exactly what I was thinking. You don't want to rule out getting unique training experiences, those you missed out on during practica, or those that will make you more competitive for the post doc you want, because you're fixated on the setting.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the process of preparing an initial list of internship sites that I might apply to this fall. I've spent a lot of time making searches in the APPIC database, but am finding it somewhat difficult to navigate - I was hoping that someone might be willing to share a centralized list of neuro internships that meet Houston guidelines. My focus is in adult neuro and I'm particularly interested in AMCs (less so in private practice or VAs).

Any other tips for narrowing down a list of places to apply would be much appreciated!

Division 40/ANST is a good place to start. AITCN also has a list. There are plenty of good programs that aren’t on either of these lists, though.

Reactions: 1 user
Scour this forum- plenty of recent threads on this, including which sites offer more research, more clinical opportunities, are in certain parts of the country, etc. Also ask recent internship students about their experiences. Even if you find a "centralized list," there is no one policing the sites on whether they actually provide substantial or quality neuro training.