Neuro Opthamology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Healthinfo104

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What can a neuro opthamaologist treat?

Are they qualified to treat all neurological illnesses/ disorders as well as eye disorders?

I also see that either a neurologist oopthamologist can become a neuro opthamologist... what is the different between the practice of both since one has primary training in neurology and the other in opthamology?

Members don't see this ad.

That depends. A neurologist can do a fellowship in neuro-ophthalmology, so that person may be more comfortable with doing both general neurology and neuro-ophtho. An ophthalmologist can do a fellowship to do neuro-ophthalmology as well, but they typically don't manage other neurological problems. They may do comp and neuro-ophtho.

Are they qualified to treat all neurological illnesses/ disorders as well as eye disorders?

I also see that either a neurologist oopthamologist can become a neuro opthamologist... what is the different between the practice of both since one has primary training in neurology and the other in opthamology?
but first, you must spell opHthalmology correctly. or your application will get tossed into the trash. no joke.

Members don't see this ad :)

Impressive creativity in spelling ophthalmology:
- Opthamaologist
- Oopthamologist
- Opthamologist

Reactions: 1 users