• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

neuro rotation textbook?

Stinky Tofu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2000
deependdining.blogspot.com
I used the MGH handbook as a medical student and during my two months as a resident on the Neurology service there. Keep in mind that I'm not a Neurology resident, so I'm sure they could provide better recommendations. The handbook certainly isn't meant to be a comprehensive review book, but is nice because it fits in your pocket. Several HMS students that took call with me found the handbook coupled with UptoDate as adequate for the rotation. The ones who were interested in doing Neurology wound up buying a copy for themselves in addition to purchasing some Neurology textbooks.

UCLA-Neuron

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2004
New Haven, CT
For my neurology rotation I used Clinical Neurology (part of Lange Medical Book) by Aminoff. The "textbook" is very readable and provides a good overview of neurology. For new advances in neurology, of course you can consult UpToDate or search for articles on Medline.

About the Ads

Pinky

and the Brain
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2001
Chicago, IL
I agree that the Lange is a pretty good book but a long read.

Some of the medical students on my service have been using "Blueprints in Neurology." This book was not available back when I was a medical student doing neurology (2001), but I really liked the Blueprints series for ObGyn, Med, and Peds.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.