tiredstudent77
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi people,
I'm a (very soon to be) new grad veterinarian who will be doing a rotating internship at a private practice. I'm neurodivergent (low support needs autism and very recently diagnosed inattentive ADHD) and I had some struggles during my clinical year in terms of staying organized, communication and not getting overstimulated. I got a lot better over the course of the year but I know that a private practice internship will have much higher workload. Are there any neurodivergent or ADHD veterinarians out there that have any tips on adjusting to private practice caseload, staying organized, communication with colleagues/techs as a new doctor, asking for help/support/accommdations, adjusting to private practice schedule and overall being a neurodivergent new grad vet?
I'm a (very soon to be) new grad veterinarian who will be doing a rotating internship at a private practice. I'm neurodivergent (low support needs autism and very recently diagnosed inattentive ADHD) and I had some struggles during my clinical year in terms of staying organized, communication and not getting overstimulated. I got a lot better over the course of the year but I know that a private practice internship will have much higher workload. Are there any neurodivergent or ADHD veterinarians out there that have any tips on adjusting to private practice caseload, staying organized, communication with colleagues/techs as a new doctor, asking for help/support/accommdations, adjusting to private practice schedule and overall being a neurodivergent new grad vet?