Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes. A lot of their time is spent doing stroke work.I can understand that the call can be busy, but am I mistaken in thinking that the majority of the work is elective aneurysm work, AVMs, etc.?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes. A lot of their time is spent doing stroke work.I can understand that the call can be busy, but am I mistaken in thinking that the majority of the work is elective aneurysm work, AVMs, etc.?
At ~some~ large academic medical centers, the body or GI section does nonvascular procedures, like drains for abdominal abscesses, tumor ablations, liver/other organ biopsies, and other things; some do more/less/none.Could you talk a little bit more about general IR lifestyle? I know it varies but when people say IR has a better job market, I am guessing that the lifestyle for most of those available jobs isn't great but I don't know. Also, which specialties tend to be more procedurally based but are still generally DR? It sounds like you do quite a few as MSK. I like procedures but I don't think I would prefer them enough lean the way of IR.
NIR sounds like the coolest job ever but if the life style blows then...
Going back to lifestyle for a second: I can completely understand how the NIR call experience could suck and burn you out quickly. But outside of call, is the lifestyle uniquely bad? Isn't most of the work just schedule, elective embolizations and such?
gonogo, are you a neuroIR fellow yet?
Can I PM you?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.