Neurologist and who they work with

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crazycat2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am doing a research paper on Neurologists. Could some one please tell me what type of allied health care professionals a Neurologist would work with and the reason for the connection?

Members don't see this ad.

Nurses, nursing techs/assistants, social workers, physical therapists (more peripherally rather than directly). I forget what allied health group does nerve conduction studies.

nurses, PAs, NPs, PCA/PCT, PT, OT, speech, SW, case managers, respiratory therapists, genetic counselors, massage therapists, chiropractors, accupuncturists, and yogis.

Physiatrists, neurosurgeons, IM, ortho, psych, ENT, ophtho, cards, GI, pulmonologists, rheumatologists, ID docs, OB/GYN, endocrine, derm, radiologists, pediatricians, pathologists, OMFS, dentists.

We work with these people because no one has neurologic disease in a vacuum, and hospitals and clinics are big things with many moving parts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nurses, nursing techs/assistants, social workers, physical therapists (more peripherally rather than directly). I forget what allied health group does nerve conduction studies.

I think PMR. PT might be able to in some states.

Actually as a med student on the neuro service, I talked almost daily with PTs (we had no PMR in my hospital but next door in a rehab hospital only) regarding pts post-stroke, etc.