Neurology Board Preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Epic786

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Can anyone please guide me regrinding which books and q banks to read for the neurology boards?

Thank you !

Members don't see this ad.

6-12 months before: Prayson's Neuropathology text
A few months before: Laughing Your Way to Passing the Neurology Boards!
A couple months before: Comprehensive Review in Clinical Neurology: A Multiple Choice Book for the Wards and Boards

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, they said by Dec 9th, hopefully that means a bit earlier....

I don't mean to assume anything but is everyone else able to register for the pain and sleep medicine boards via the ABPN? I'm hoping this is an indication that I passed.... or it could be wishful thinking. :unsure:

Somehow the psychiatry exam was released last week even though they took theirs after us

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How to prep: honestly just study every year for the RITE the best you can. I think the two single best resources were the following: the AAN has these free question banks NeuoSae some on specific topics like epilepsy movement neurophysiology etc. Those were pretty darn similar to the real thing. Continuum and there is this app that I use called NEURO 50:50 which is honestly money and incredibly high yield. I basically just did the NeuroSae questions and that Neuro 50:50 app in depth. Need like 2 weeks of dedicated study. Although I must admit it's hard to be focused during a busy fellowship so really I think the best thing you can do is try to study for the PGY4 rite as best you can and hopefully that'll carry over.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Good luck for your boards and thank you!:)

I used beat the boards and it saved my life. I'm an awful test taker and very nervous about it but that program prepared me well.
If anyone happens on this and wants one, I have a discount code

AAN NeuroSae questions and Continuum are money and free for those who like practicing via practice Qs. I thought those were by far the most accurate and covered the breadth of the exam.

AAN NeuroSae questions and Continuum are money and free for those who like practicing via practice Qs. I thought those were by far the most accurate and covered the breadth of the exam.
They are certainly very good resources. They provide a means of getting CME credits for MOC and are great to keep up your knowledge base for the ($#*%...use your imagination for a suitable adjective) re-certification exam. I don't know if they've changed the certification exams (Parts 1 & 2) since I took them more than 20 years ago, but if they haven't there is a lot of neuroanatomy that you'll need to study from other sources if the OP was talking about the initial certification exam.

I am horrible exam taker... If I want to dedicate full weeks of studying, how many weeks do I need at minimum (or maybe a range of weeks) to fully prepare for this neurology certification exam?