Neurology board review 2015, course review recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

astasia-abasia

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After reviewing the other posts dating back to before I started in neurology, I couldn't find any reviews on the neurology board review courses available to residents. I live in the NYC tri-state area and most people here go to the Penn review course. But I'm looking for something that I can do on my own time with videos, audio files, powerpoints, and a syllabus; rather than spending the time and money cramped in a hotel lecture room for 4 days. Has anyone tired the "Beat the Boards" course? or any other such course? Right now I'm looking for more of a review course rather than a question bank.
 
I have to tell you that review courses are not that helpful... just get a reveiw book, or simply the materials/books you have read during residency. I would also look at the continums and the guidelines published by the AAN. Then then most important thing..you have to do questions, you really pass these tests by doing questions. I used neuroprep.com and neuroscalps.com. If I have to chose I would probably go for the second one (questions are better organized, you get a score immediately, you can review and keep track of your performance, and the are videos which you will see in the boards).